Monday 22 April 2019

Goa's Oldest Online News Portal

Society | Religion

Decision to ban Sanatan only after examining chargesheet: CM

 

Goa government today refused to ban Sanatan Sanstha till state home ministry examines the chargesheet filed by National Investigation Agency (NIA) into Margao Bomb blast case.

"Let home department examine the chargesheet. Then only we will be able to arrive at a conclusion," chief minister Digamber Kamat told reporters at his official residence.

State home minister Ravi Naik has also echoed similar opinion. "My department will study the chargesheet and take the decision accordingly", he said.

"Filing chargesheet doesn't empower government to ban any organisation. Government has to ensure that it stands scrutiny of law," said the chief minister.

"There are hundreds of cases (of ban) which are being challenged in the Supreme Court. We don't want to take any hasty decision," he said.

NIA filed the chargesheet before district court on Monday indicting eleven accused, two of whom have died and five absconding, in Margao bomb blast and a conspiracy to have serial blasts in the state.

Public prosecutor SB Faria, representing NIA, has already submitted a copy of chargesheet to the home department for scrutiny, the sources said.

Right Wing Hindu Organisation, Sanatan Saunstha, was under scanner after its activists were found involved in the Margao blast that occurred on Diwali eve last year.

Two Sanatan activists had died on the spot while ferrying explosives and four were arrested by Goa Police during investigation.






Name
Place
Email
Comments
Verification Code Enter The Code Displayed hereRefresh Image
 

Society