Thursday 20 September 2018

Goa's Oldest Online News Portal

Society | Crime

Margao bomb blast delayed Sanatan plan to kill Dr Dabholkar: CBI

Sanatan Sanstha activists Virendra Tawde and Sarang Akolkar wanted to eliminate rationalist Narendra Dabholkar in 2009 itself, but they dropped the plan due to the Margao bomb blast that took place in the same year, ... READ

Key suspect of Dabholkar murder was behind Margao bomb blast: CBI

Former doctor Virendrasinh Tawde, who was arrested last week in rationalist Narendra Dabholkar's murder, was also part of the group that plotted the 2009 Goa blast in which two people were killed, evidence pieced together ... READ

Russian arrested in Goa for stabbing three locals

Three people were injured when a Russian national allegedly went on a stabbing spree near Baga beach in North Goa early on Tuesday, police said. READ

Minister Tawadkar chargesheeted, CM refuses to drop him

Ramesh Tawadkar is perhaps the first minister of the Bharatiya Janata Party to be chargesheeted with criminal charges. But the ruling party has decided not to drop him from the cabinet. READ

Nigerian arrested for rape, BJP minister says it’s a ‘deliberate’ crime

Nigerians have become a matter of debate once again with a 41-year old Nigerian arrested by Goa police on the charges of kidnapping and raping a woman. READ

Babush freed on conditional bail, passport impounded

Rape accused Babush Monseratte is granted conditional bail by the Children’s Court, along with two co-accused – the victim’s girl and Rosy Ferrao. READ

The ‘rape time’ is when girl made 15 calls, lawyer tells court in Babush case

The victim girl made 15 calls and sent 15 SMS when she claims to have been made unconscious and raped by St Cruz MLA Babush Monseratte. READ

Babush applies for bail, guns ruling BJP for ‘false’ rape case

After allowing police custody for eight days, rape accused and political heavyweight Babush Monseratte has finally filed a bail application. It will come up for hearing on Monday morning. READ

Police to file reply on leaking info of Babush case, remand extended

Rape-accused Babush Monseratte is not worried about his police custody getting extended but the news of his investigation getting leaked out in public. READ

Is Babush facing more medical tests and less custody probe?

The police custody probe of former minister Babush Monseratte seems to be more at the hospital and less in the custody. READ